Jay Austad wonders:

   Why is this?  I have about 5 servers running Mandrake, and I
   haven't had any problems with them (except for a stupid logrotate
   error in 7.1).

I don't want to get into another distro war. :) If you are having
success with Mandrake, then that's great. In my experience, it is
buggy, poorly designed (e.g. package dependencies--iirc, gpm required
Gnome...) and has a rougher than usual (for Linux systems) security
history. They have the Bastille Linux guy as their security person
now, so maybe it will be getting better in that respect.

--
Chris
www.innerfireworks.com

How can you say this is not Eden?