From: Chris Schumann [mailto:cschumann at twp-llc.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 7:10 AM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: [TCLUG] RE: Crappy old monitor

> Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 19:38:20 -0600 (CST)
> From: Yaron <jethro at freakzilla.com>
> Subject: [TCLUG] Crappy Old Monitor
>
>   Hi,
>
> b toberman (I think?) gave me this monitor a while ago. It
> doens't work
> but might be fixable - when you turn it on the power comes on
> and blinks
> off after a few seconds.
>
> It's a 15" Mitsubishi I think. Anyone want it before I toss it out?
>

> -Yaron

Because of the lead in the monitor, it is illegal and evil to
toss it out. You have to (and should) take it to a licensed
hazardous waste facility or generator.

I know Radio Shack accepts dead laptop batteries for free.
And Dragnet.org will accept a broken monitor if you give them
something that works, too.

Does anyone around here accept monitors for free?

Chris