Use Postfix.

I use both Postfix and qmail, but Postfix is probably what you want.  The
only reason I can possibly see a reason to use qmail is if your mailserver
is handling some crazy amount of mail, it's very fast, but you have to do a
lot of screwing around to get it working correctly.

http://www.linuxjournal.com has an article somewhere about setting up
postfix, and also about why postfix is better than sendmail.  Postfix is
easier to configure than sendmail, and it's much more secure.

Jay