> came up with 14 hits where three seemed like good prospects (Achievo,
> FUTURe, and MrProject). FUTURe hasn't been updated in a year and MrProject
> hasn't reached production level.

we looked for project-management tools for quite a while here at Real-Time.

We tried Achievo; but IMHO (others hold wildly differing opinions), achievo
is an unremitted pile of excrement.
the user interface is truly vile:
- there's too much wasted space on the screen (*lots* of blank space; which
  is morally repugnant to me... destop space is preciously small).
- there's too many interfaces - one needs to choose several differant
  management screens, to update a project or check its status. every screen
  has different interface conventions.
- there's no way to make incremental update notes that are easily readable.
  there's only one descriptor field for the project; so no way to add update
  notes to that, and associate a trackable time value with each.

We've gone to using Keystone for project management now; and I'm pretty
happy with it. the UI is good (not perfect, but good); and it's fairly
mature.
	it's not completely Free; there are some licensing hooks attached to
it; but it's PHP3, so it's pretty Open Source, and there's supposedly a
community of volunteer developers who contribute to it.
	Bob Tanner knows more about the licensing.

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises