On or about 29 Jun 2001, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom is alleged to have said:
> I've got a Wyse 182 dumb terminal that I'd like to use on the serial port
of
> a Linux or BSD box.
>
> what kind of serial cable do I need? anyone know if I can just use a
> crossover cable; or do I need a funky pinout of some sort?

I don't know specifically, but if it's a 25-pin connector, I'd bet that
would do it.  I was taught that you always start with a crossover cable and
add crap to it afterwards.  I don't recall Wyse using abnormal pinouts.

If it doesn't work, I'll lookup some dumb terminal resources I have, if you
want.

Cheers,
Phil