On Thursday 28 June 2001 02:08 pm, you wrote:
> Battery replacement?  Sounds like the problem.
> I would send it back if it's still under waranty.  Replacing the battery is
> really simple but may void the waranty.  Best just to let Apple fix it
> then.  If not just go buy a battery and see if that helps.  Couldn't hurt.
>
> :-)
>
> Maybe theres a way to set the clock in the Open Firmware (Open Firmware
> rocks)?  Haven't looked into it though.

Open Firmware does rock. I believe it is a c derivitive shell. i have been
using it a little. I have yet to unleash the full power of it. There is very
little documentation I have found on it. It is basically a BIOS on mucho
amphetemines. The key to getting my system to tri-boot lies in the magical
world of OF.
I was just hoping someone knew of a way to boot into linux bypassing the cmos
clock setup. It might take me a while to take the computer in for repair. (
what an ugly thought)
--
whois microsoft.com