On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 07:52:35PM -0500, Mike Hicks wrote:
> This is a Really Weird Configuration(tm), but I'll just see what you folks
> think of it..
>
> At work, my boss and I are trying to get Linux going on our Sun boxes.
> Well, we know that the OS itself works, but the applications are
> problematic.  For those who were watching previously when I asked around
> for application support on Linux/Sparc, I'll say that we have had luck
> with one package (out of 5) - SAS.  We haven't actually tried it yet, but
> I talked to a rep there who said it would work on our systems.

I just ran across a usenet thread on NFS failover in linux.  Go to

http://www.openbg.net/sto/newsread.php?grp=comp.protocols.nfs

and read the first thread.  They're talking about failover from linux to
linux, but the same rules may apply to Linux to Solaris...

Although, GFS seems to be the preferred filesystem for such a setup, and
it's not supported in Solaris (come on, Sistina!  We want GFS on *NIX :).

Gabe
Gabe Turner                                             gabe at msi.umn.edu
SGI Origin Systems Administrator,
University of Minnesota Supercomputing Institute
 for Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation         www.msi.umn.edu