IBM is definitely putting a lot of effort into it.
When I've tried it, it was pretty difficult to use,
but I'm sure it's getting better.
Depending on what you want to do, you can also look at OSCAR,
which includes LUI.  <http://www.epm.ornl.gov/oscar/>

LUI is being renamed System Installer, and joing forces with System
Imager to create something called the System Installation Suite.
    http://systeminstaller.sourceforge.net/
    http://systemimager.org/
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/systemconfig

LUI has always concerned me that it was duplicated much of the hard
work that distributions put into hardware detection, etc.  System
Imager, on the other hands, let's the distribution do that, and then
picks up from there.

If you want something now, I'd look at SystemImager, and then see
how the suite develops...

John