> From: Jay J <jay-tclug at 3pound.com>
> Not to drag this out unncessarily, but in comparison shopping -- if one
> is truly interested in repair/warranty/support and doesn't mind the
> dirty feeling associated with free M$ software, buy a Gateway/Dell/*.
> -Jay

Actually, buying a Gateway, Dell, Compaq, or HP would be fine by me
(and sort of started this chain with my question about "A new PC"),
if there were models that people (on this list specifically, but
anybody in general) found to be adequately Linux compatible.

I don't know what people think about buying systems from Dell or
Gateway mail order, or going to CompUSA, Best Buy, or wherever
to get HP or other retail systems.

I would be interested in people's experiences.

dsc