On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 07:52:52PM -0500, Ben Lutgens wrote:

> Western Scientific. Great Service, they get linux. Can roll large or
> small stuff in short order and great prices. I just recently ordered
> 31 1U nodes in 3 half racks with FC JBODs, NPS's and they arrived in
> these kick ass crates. Fantastic hardware great prices.
>
> I don't have their number with me now. I'll post it tomorrow.

Well, we buy our Intel-based machines from Dell, but I have to agree with
Ben that Western Scientific is _the_ place to go for good, reasonably
priced  storage arrays.  We have 5 RAIDs from them and they're all great.
Of course, we have them hooked to a few SGI Origin 200's, no Linux
machines.  If you _really_ high quality RAIDs, go to Ciprico.  They're a
local company, and their stuff is really top-notch.  Though, you need to
have serious money.  A 500GB Netarray from them is about $50k (well, that's
with dual fiber-channel loops) - worth every penny.

Gabe
Gabe Turner                                             gabe at msi.umn.edu
SGI Origin Systems Administrator,
University of Minnesota Supercomputing Institute
 for Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation         www.msi.umn.edu