I haven't used netcat a whole lot, but it has been my experience that
the command doesn't terminate when the file is done being transferred.
The technique I used was to watch the blinky lights on my switch and
when they quit blinking to see whether the file sizes where the same.
If they are then Ctrl-C at least one end to terminate netcat.

Eric