It's been about two weeks since I left my little Mdk7.2 laptop in the
dust, and I think I've got Debian (mostly) figured out. However, I'm a
little stumped how to configure what services get started on boot-up. Under
RH/Mdk, I just ran 'ntsysv' in a vt and selected what I wanted to run. Is
there something similar for Debian? (I'm using Progeny, so if they have
thrown in something extra, that would be nice to know.) For instance, I
really don't need to run a ssh server. Of course I can shut it off after
boot-up, but I'd much rather not start it at all.
   Is there some doc floating around for RH/Mdk refugees? "You've used them
for a while, now here's how to use Debian." Something that points out the
different ways things are done.
   Alos, bonus question: how do I upgrade KDE 2.0 to 2.1.1? I have this in
sources.list:
deb ftp://kde.debian.net/pub/kde potato main crypto optional
but when I apt-get install task-kde it gives me a list of dependencies that
it won't install. I tried apt-get upgrade, but this did not include KDE.
What gives?
   Thanks,
   :Peter