On 27 Jun 01, at 11:01, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

> Athlon might crap out on you in 1 week, or 10 minutes.  Overheating problem,
> yada yada yada.  Well, you can just drive down to GNS or TM and get it
> replaced.  Good luck doing that online, and chances are, the price you are
> given is OEM and you only have 30 days on it anyway.

I see that if you purchase an AMD CPU from Multiwave you get a one year
warranty (not 30 days) on the OEM version, and a three year warranty on the
retail product. There is $26 difference in price between the two on the
1200MHz CPU, but the retail version comes with an AMD approved
fan/heatsink where the OEM does not.