On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 15:19:19 -0500 (CDT)
Colin Kilbane <colin at tyr.med.umn.edu> wrote:

> Sure you can get it cheaper on line, but
> then factor in shipping, at least 10 to 30 bucks and the fact that you
> get exceptional service right here in town, no RMA's no mailing
> anything anywhere.  It's a better deal in the end.  The only time I
> don't buy it there is when they don't carry it.  I'm sounding like a
> comercial here....
>
> Colin Kilbane

I just have to address this particular point.

What's the sense of paying (for example) $179.99 for Athlon 1.3GHz at
GNS instead of ~$130 + shipping?

That ~$50 savings gets you a 256MB stick ....

By the time that Athlon craps out on you, chances are you'll have to
send to the factory anyway .. no?

I buy cases, video cards and monitors (occasionally) at GNS .. all
the stuff that doesn't make sense to ship.

-Jay

p.s. just don't order from computerhq.com, be sure to check reseller
     ratings when ordering on-line.