On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Jima wrote:

>  Okay, what does this remind you of?

Actually, it reminds me of this entry from the Jargon file:

-[SNIP]-
Godwin's Law prov.

[Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a
comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition
in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever
mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in
progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an
upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a
widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law
in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
-[SNIP]-

Ok, so that's an extreme case of subject creep.  And since this thread is
already marked as hideously OT I don't mind continuing it.

-Brian