On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 05:23:47PM -0700, Mike Bresnahan wrote:
> Your post prompted me to read the grep man page.  I found the following in
> the grep man page that comes with a fairly recent version of Cygwin.
>
>      -r, --recursive
>             Read  all  files under each directory, recursively;
>             this is equivalent to the -d recurse option.
>
> Has this option always been there and I've simply been ignorant of it for
> the past 10 years or did it get added recently?  Perhaps its always been in
> the GNU/Linux version of grep but not in the commercial versions available
> on Solaris and HPUX?

I have started using Linux about 5 years ago... so I don't remember it being
added.

Solaris or HP-UX greps don't have that option. Also GNU diff is much better
than the original diff. Of course I have downloaded and installed GNU at work..

florin

--

"you have moved your mouse, please reboot to make this change take effect"

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4