On Sat, 23 Jun 2001 13:27:52 -0500
"Terry Houle" <houle at citilink.com> wrote:

> This is a dumb question but wondering if I could run a dual boot with
Linux
> and the Mac OS.  Thinking of one of the new iBook's that have recently
come
> to market particularily with the new Mac OS X?

AFAIK, Dual-boot is the only way to run Linux on a Mac.. at least with the
68k models. Check to see how LinuxPPC or YellowDog is started. If it's
anything like 68k, there is a 'booter' application that you start, which
then bootstraps the machine, loads the kernel and starts the Linux boot
process.

One thing for sure, you will need to have sep. partitions for the Linux &
MacOS installs.

Good luck,

                           -.bill.layer.-

-.those who are talking don't know, and those who know aren't talking.-

           -.frogtown.-     -.minnesota.-      -.u.s.a.-