Spencer J Sinn wrote:

> AAAunderground wrote:
> >
> > I am a somewhat erratic typist at times. This causes me much greif when I
> > telnet into my cisco 675. The device will not keep an editable command
> > history. Sure, it will give you your last command, but you can not edit any
> > mistake you may have made in syntax. This is no problem for short command and
> > such. It is a real PITA when setting filter rules though. Is it possible to
> > have linux remember the history?
> > --
> > Spencer Underground
> > mailto:spencer at sihope.com
> > deltree c:\windows /y
>
> IMHO the easiest way is to use the script command. It pipes all output
> to a file called typescript. Don't worry, it won't capture your
> passwords :)
> I actually use the script command quite a bit, along with another simple
> shell script I wrote, to help me write other shell scripts. If anyone is
> interested, let me know. /* DISCLAIMER -- It is a pretty basic script
> for writing pretty basic scripts */

I just read my last email. I hope is wasn't too confusing. :)
You may also try a script like

telnet 10.0.0.1 << EOF
$exec_password
ena ble
$enable_password
command1
command2
command3
etc...
EOF

I haven't tried this on a router, but I have used it a lot for FTP'ing
etc. By running the script, you have control over what you are doing
before you log into the router. You could even make the script use
another file for input if you needed to make router changes on a regular
basis. I hope I am not complicating this too much :)