AAAunderground wrote:

> I am a somewhat erratic typist at times. This causes me much greif when I
> telnet into my cisco 675. The device will not keep an editable command
> history. Sure, it will give you your last command, but you can not edit any
> mistake you may have made in syntax. This is no problem for short command and
> such. It is a real PITA when setting filter rules though. Is it possible to
> have linux remember the history?
> --
> Spencer Underground
> mailto:spencer at sihope.com
> deltree c:\windows /y

IMHO the easiest way is to use the script command. It pipes all output
to a file called typescript. Don't worry, it won't capture your
passwords :)
I actually use the script command quite a bit, along with another simple
shell script I wrote, to help me write other shell scripts. If anyone is
interested, let me know. /* DISCLAIMER -- It is a pretty basic script
for writing pretty basic scripts */