On 21 Jun 2001, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

> Kent Schumacher <kent at structural-wood.com> writes:
>
> > I think Liz said she was paying $800 / month for her child to go to a private school.
> > This works out to about $7200/year.  This is a lot less than our public schools spend
> > per student.
>
> I don't know the details of the school Liz sends her kids to, but lots
> of private schools lose money on the full tuition rate.  Either

Exactly - tuition pays a considerable amount of money - the rest is paid
for by fundraisers pretty much - and anytime something needs to be done
for the school (ie., add wood chips to the playground), etc comes from
fundraisers. It's a small school - less than 80 kids, but well worth it.

While housed at a temple, it is specifically NOT religious in nature,
which was one of the points that was important to us, and the kids
genuinely look forward to going there every morning and look forward to
seeing their teachers again in the fall. Pity it's only pre-K, K...I would
have loved for Jennifer to have been Kethry's teacher through grade
school.

Liz

--
Imagination is intelligence having fun...
e-mail:  kethry at winternet.com