Quoting Mike Hicks (hick0088 at tc.umn.edu):
> Interesting link on LinuxToday:
>
> http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2001-06-20-018-20-NW-MS-SW
>
> I'm not a lawyer, so I can't parse that out too well.  In one portion, it
                               ^^^^^

Really, your not a lawyer? I don't think I have every heard a lawyer say
'parse'. :-P

More open source license issues. It's getting to be challenge as a developer
that uses open source.

Businesses want NDA, non-competes, your first born and your left-testicle to
make sure you don't steal their ideas. It's hard to tell a client, that most
(all?) techincal people don't give a rip about the idea, they just want to write
the code.

On the other hand there is this rich set of open source API/Products/tool to
choose out there just begging to be used. But businesses (at least the ones I
work with) want to own every thing. Want to resell everything and never, ever
give any part of the code away.

But they want the project done tomorrow, for $5 and a million features.

What is a developer who uses open source to do?

I'm to the point of say, I'll sign the paper work, but you must add something to
the NDA that states you understand that open source software under the following
licenses (fill in the blank, GPL, LGPL, Apache, etc) will be used in the project
and you will follow the license agreements, which may include releasing source
code to components that use an open source license.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500