On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 04:18:49PM -0500, Simeon Johnston wrote:
> I am wondering if there is a command line PDF viewer?  I have an old
> laptop w/ out X on it.  Want to read a few PDF's.  Ghostscript doesn't
> seem to like doing it.  Can't seem to convert to PS or Text (something
> about encryption and a url to a nonexistent site w/ a patch) w/ the
> Ghostscript utilities.

Are you using Debian?  If so install the package gs-pdfencrypt -
it lets gs decrypt enecrypted pdfs (its probably the patch
that gs told you about ).  If you're not using Debian, see
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~geoffk/pdfencrypt/.  The patch looks
easy to install.

--
Jim Crumley                  |