Hi,

I have a dedicated DSL line with a block of static IPs.  A few of my
RedHat boxes are on public IP addresses, and one is a gateway for the
LAN which consists of mostly Windows boxes with a few Linux development
boxes.

IP Masquerading is working fine.

What I need to do is have one of the public IP boxes communicate with
one of the internal LAN boxes.  I'd like to be able to run code on the
public box that would request a connection on, say, port 80 on the
gateway box, which would be forwarded to the internal LAN box running a
Java program that would serve certain files to the public box.

I've tried using the ipmasqadm program with no success.  RedHat 7.1
supposedly is preconfigured for IP Masquerading.

When I add the lines
/usr/sbin/ipmasqadm portfw -f
/usr/sbin/ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L $public_ip_address 80 -R
192.168.1.41 80

to /etc/rc.d/local and run it, I get

portfw: setsockopt failed: Invalid argument
portfw: setsockopt failed: Invalid argument

Various HowTos suggest I need to recompile my kernel.  I would prefer to
avoid this if possible.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve