To not answer your question-

You might also consider giving them (read-only) access to the MySQL database
via ODBC, that way Excel could pull data for processing as a database client.
Saves a few steps in downloading and importing delimited text files. I've only
done this a bit with Excel, but it works well for using Access as a front end
to MySQL. I assume PostgreSQL also has an ODBC driver.

Quoting jeffr at odeon.net: