I see mixed info on whether a parallel port tape drive will work on Linux 6.2.  I found a doc at redhat.com/support/alex/229.html that seemed to explain the process of getting it to work. I entered the statement "ln -s /dev/ht0/dev/tape" I know have a red blinking label that says Tape at my root. I can see I am supposed to add the ide-tape.o module, but am not sure how to get this done, or if it will work. Any detailed help would be appreciated.

I am using a parallel port Colorado 350 with QIC-80 tapes

Raymond