As with the rest I'm not a lawyer, I don't play one on TV, etc...

Don't do it unless the lawyers who wrote the NDA/Contract write an addendum
that states that the client understands what the GPL is, what their
responsibilities under the GPL are, and that they agree to this specific
option in the project.  My guess is you could be in violation of the NDA if
you don't give them the option of paying you more money to reinvent the wheel.

Jack