First, thank you Andy for the tip on how to get the sound working.
For some reason, the Progeny install didn't catch the on-board audio, but
adding modprobe via82cxxx_audio to /etc/modules did the trick. Nice and
simple, and the sound really isn't too bad. I'm listening to a CD right now
(Beethoven's Piano Sonata #8) and it sounds just fine. So many thanks.
        Ok, now the fun part. Any suggestions for converting an ext2 root
partition to ReiserFS? I've found a way to reinstall Progeny to
automatically use ReiserFS, but reinstalling would not be my first choice.
As far as I understand matters, I would need to first copy everything to
another partition, reformat the first partition, move everything back, then
reformat the second partition. I have two ext2 partitions (/ and
/usr/local), so that's no problem, but I would prefer step-by-step
instructions. Is there any web site out there that describes this?
        Also, I've heard that ReiserFS has some problems with 2.4.5. Should
I just grab the latest 2.4.6-pre?
        Let me just say that I love this list! You guys and gals are the
coolest!
        :Peter