Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com> wrote:

> XFree86-4.1 has some new options:

Some of these are pretty easy.  Others I'm not so sure about.
Unfortunately, I don't know what syntaxes they use.

Hmm.  These look like Matrox options.  I've seen them all before, but I
haven't really used them..

>         #Option     "TexturedVideo"

Instead of doing video overlay, fake it with an OpenGL texture.  (I
assume, since turning on this option also disables DRI).

>         #Option     "XAALines"
>         #Option     "Crtc2Half"

Not sure..

>         #Option     "Int10"

Might have something to do with `booting' the card on a non-Intel box.
Sparcs, PPCs, etc.  But I'm not sure..  (BTW, I just saw an interesting
note the other day:  http://advogato.org/person/davem/diary.html?start=11)

>         #Option     "AGPMode2x"
>         #Option     "AGPMode4x"

Run the card in AGP mode 2x or 4x

>         #Option     "DigitalScreen"

Is this card or head powering a digital LCD?

>         #Option     "TV"

Same as above, but for television output.

>         #Option     "TVStandard"

You probably want to put NTSC here ;-)

>         #Option     "CableType"

This should allow you to tell the card (when outputting to a TV) if it's
running over S-Video or RCA cables.

>         #Option     "UseIrqZero"

Dunno.

>         #Option     "NoHal"

Don't load the Matrox HALlib module.  Probably only useful if you don't
need dual-head or some of the other features provided by the HAL library.
Also good for debugging, I 'spect..

>         #Option      "AGPMode" "1"

Probably the same as the above AGPMode[24]x settings, though I suspect
this will be the `standard' way of doing it across different cards.

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   Error 15 - Unable to exit
/ \/ \(_)| ' // ._\  / - \(_)/ ./| ' /(__   Windows. Try the door.