> I should just go build my own house. And my own portable MP3 player...

A high-school kid I worked with back in Iowa (circa 1999) made a voice
activated MP3 player for his car.  He took a mobo (200 MHz P1), hard
drive, mic and power supply (modified to use juice from cig lighther)
and threw them into a compartment for a 10-disc changer.

He installed Win95 (bleck, peared down to the bare minimum, booted in
something like 4 seconds), WinAmp and Dragon Naturally Speaking.

The only problem he was having was that when he trained the speech
software it often wouldn't work due to road noise.  Ah well... it was
still a pretty cool idea.  Still worked great indoors.

--

Jesse Erdmann
Engineer