On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 Ming wrote:

> Just kinda curious, but how can I build a bootable floppy that will load
> nic drivers then run a firewall script. I would like to make the floopy
> write protected so if some one did compromise my system all i would have
> to do is reboot to close the hack. I am sure if I just put a little more
> thought into this I could figure it out, but its late and I am not
> thinking very clearly.
>

> Jason
> wannabelinuxadmin

A number of alternatives:

http://leaf.sourceforge.net/
http://www.linuxrouter.org/
http://coyotelinux.com/

Coyote may be the easiest to get started with, although I haven't
tried it yet myself.

Also of potential interest are my (old) notes on LRP:

http://www.joelschneider.com/lrp/

(I did a short presentation on Linux Router Project for TCLUG about 18
months ago)

Joel

---
defenestrate   tr. v.   To throw out of a window.