On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Scott Dier wrote:
> > We've got 2 T1's (Sprint and UUNet), and do bandwidth monitoring and deal
> > with heavy usage as it becomes a problem. (Actually haven't ever had an
> > issue with it yet).
>
> Ok.  I've just been working with my own machine becoming a problem on a
> single t1. :)  As a temporary measure ive been using rate-limit to limit
> specific services, but I'm thinking about playing with some CBQ with
> flow-based WRED to get it to work, mostly so the traffic off of a few
> machines dont totally kill the rest of the users.  Sadly, we have a
> frame link and thats most of the problem, if it were ptp it wouldn't be
> a big deal.

What kind of border router do you have?

Could implement QoS at the border and set priorities there.. but that's
probably what you're talking about. Doing it at the local machines would
work too, but that'd mean you'd have to maintain it multiple places, and
wouldn't be able to get an overall traffic picture.

So why'd you go frame instead of ptp? Pricing these days isn't all that
much different..