On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Michael James Mimbach II wrote:

> Im setting up a new server at work.  I can not get debian to install and I
> have found little documentation on making a set of install floppies with the
> driver for the adaptec card? Anybody have any ideas?

There is some information on the Internet somewhere about how you can create
a custom set of boot floppies. I don't have my notebook with me right now or
I could be more specific.

Assuming that whatever linux kernel you want to use supports that card, then
it should be as simple as compiling a new kernel on a separate machine and
using it to replace the stock one on the boot floppies. Again, intstructions
are out there and it's quite simple. I had to do the same thing with a new
Compaq server our school bought a few months ago.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.org