I don't know if I should call this an intriguing  opportunity, or the
world's largest headache right now.  Here's what I've got going on as a
project for work:

  A client of ours uses Linux in a thin-client environment.  Setup
procedures I have no idea what it really looks like.  I was handed our
"support machine" to match their configuration as best as possible to
try and get configured after it's been sitting for a year and a half.
The reason it was disconnected and not used is because we've moved.  At
the time of the move, our whole network scenario was changed as well.

What I've got sitting in front of me is an IBM thin-client (type
8362-A52) that's supposed to hit against a server (Toshiba desktop boot
device in this case) that's running RH 5.0.  Which then in turn hits
against another server running our product.  Or rather, so I'm told this
is how it's supposed to go.

Okay, so I've not played around on a Red Hat box before and don't know
if I can change this to a newer version or distro.  Anyone play around
with a scenario like this, and what can I expect?

Shawn