On Fri, 8 Jun 2001 Bob Tanner wrote:
> I am really getting desperate for a -good- debugger for Java.
>
> I downloaded jde for emacs and the debugger is klunky and very slow.
>
> I went to jbuilder and it crashes on my constantly.
>
> I tried Forte and it's god-awful slow.
>
> Anything I'm missing?

A while ago, I bookmarked the open-source JSwat Java debugger:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/jswat/
http://www.bluemarsh.com/java/jswat/

JSwat is an "extensible, standalone, graphical Java debugger front-end,
written to use the Java Platform Debugger Architecture (JPDA) package
provided by JavaSoft."  Haven't tried it myself yet, but it looks pretty
decent.  (Also not sure whether anyone else has already mentioned it,
since I'm subscribed to tclug-list in digest mode.)

Joel

---
defenestrate   tr. v.   To throw out of a window.