>>> blutgens at sistina.com 06/06/01 08:24AM >>>
>Star Office sucks. It's not viable at all as an alternative to M$ Products if
>you're in an environment with lots of windows users and need to exchange
>documents.

Very true, for that purpose, and true also for specific parts (at least in 5.1).
I am not overly fond of MS Office however, but it does address the
intentional "compatibility" issues (that still gets under my skin, grrr...).

>If you really need to use your office apps, you'll use M$. If you're a geek,
>use flat text, or PostScript, or even go so far as to fireup vmware and run
>MS products from that.

Looking at the pricing of Office XP, I do not know if we could upgrade
to it without laying off a few people.

>Star Office needs to go away. It's a huge bloated useless pile of crap that
>takes up way to much space on harddrives. It's like a big teaser. Linux is not
>a desktop OS your grandma would want to use and it goes deeper than just the
>lack of a decent processor.

I honestly don't know if my grandma would know the difference. :-)

Have a fabulous day,

Troy