On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 11:54:38AM +0000, Rick Engebretson wrote:
>Having read comparisons between KDE and Gnome, I'd like to include the
>Star Office 5.2 desktop for consideration. It is a remarkably complete
>UI. Also, you don't have a "K" or "GN" on every app. Just hide the panel
>and you have a very clean, professional desktop

Star Office sucks. It's not viable at all as an alternative to M$ Products if
you're in an environment with lots of windows users and need to exchange
documents. We had people here try it for a long time. They ended up spending
so much time reformatting documents that thier productivity decreased.
Everything from bullets in slides to formula discomboulation in Excell to page
break errors and tables being all out-of-whac in word.

If you really need to use your office apps, you'll use M$. If you're a geek,
use flat text, or PostScript, or even go so far as to fireup vmware and run
MS products from that.

Star Office needs to go away. It's a huge bloated useless pile of crap that
takes up way to much space on harddrives. It's like a big teaser. Linux is not
a desktop OS your grandma would want to use and it goes deeper than just the
lack of a decent processor.

--
Ben Lutgens
Sistina Software Inc.