I'm burning at 12x, and they're supposed to be 12x compatible.  Just go to
http://www.pny.com and complain to their tech support form.  That's what I
just did.  Who knows if anyone will read it and actually care.

I lowered the speed to 4x and anything over 600MB still turned into a
coaster.  The error I got was consistent with running out of space on the
disc.  The whole image would write, but fixation would fail.  These discs
don't even have any good identifying information on them, they come up as
Unknown manufacturer in cdrecord.  Sad, even my generic cheapies I bought
about 4 years ago work better than these PNY ones.

Jay