On 3 Jun 2001, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

> I know why I wanted to get up to 2.2 (virtual ethernet ports).  Why do
> I want to get up to 2.4?

MD5 password encoding is a good reason.  And here's the list from cisco,
which looks like pretty much passwords again, for practical purposes.

----

Resolved Issues in CBOS Release 2.4.2

The following issues have been resolved in CBOS 2.4.2.

      CSCds87618

      Setting VIP interrupt(s) to inside now sets non-Wan0-0
interrupt(s) to inside.

      CSCds89064

      Passwords can now include uppercase letters.

      CSCdt04882

      Passwords can now be stored in encrypted format in NVRAM.

      CSCdt12551

      Help for the set int wanx standard command is now displayed when
using G.DMT.

      CSCdt29157

      Pinging with record routes and large packet sizes now works
properly with the Cisco 677 CPE.

      CSCdt30943

      The RIP Database now handles metric comparisons properly.

      CSCdt34289

      The correct information on VPI/VCI range configuration is included
in the CBOS 2.3.9 Release
      Notes.

      CSCdt50680

      After enabling RFC1483, CBOS 2.4.2 now issues a prompt that a
reboot is required.

      CSCdt52108

      The snmpwalk to dsl modem command no longer shows a value of 0 for
some OIDs.

      CSCdt68856

      Non-classfull masks on eth0 are now advertised properly by RIPv1.

      CSCdt59082

      The Net Meeting NAT command syntax is correct.

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous