The last week or so, one of my machines has been logging a lot of ICMP
destination unreachables from a VA Linux address.  But I have no idea why it
would be talking to VA at all.

I've set up an ngrep session to log all traffic to and from 198.186.200.0/22,
which is the block containing the address sending me the dest unreachables,
but is there a better way to find out why this box keeps talking to them?
(And no, it's not offering any services other than ssh, so VA shouldn't be
the ones initiating the connections.  Nor was it bought from them or ever had
anything to do with the company aside from maybe viewing their website once
or twice.)

--
That's not gibberish...  It's Linux. - Byers, The Lone Gunmen
Geek Code 3.12:  GCS d? s+: a C++ UL++++$ P++>+++ L+++>++++ E- W--(++) N+