So Progeny is probably not a very good Server based distribution?

Tom Veldhouse
veldy at veldy.net

-----Original Message-----
From: tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org]On Behalf Of David Royer
Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2001 5:29 PM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: Progeny Debian (was Re: [TCLUG] Bastille Linux)

I tried Progeny on a box receintly here.  The install is more graphical,
and a little less confusing than the standard debian install, but I found
it easier to start with the regular debian install.  I had no need for X
and Progeny does not give you the option of leaving out X.

Dave

On Sat, 2 Jun 2001, Joel T Schneider wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Jun 2001 Scott Dier wrote:
> > Well, perhaps 7.x is getting better.  I dont use it.  I'm moving us from
> > rh6.2 all over to progeny. :)
>
> Is Progeny Debian 1.0 really pretty decent?
>
> I've heard good things about Progeny 1.0, saying it is a slim, trim,
> easier to install flavor of Debian.
>
> I also noticed that Micro Center is listed as one of the Progeny Debian
> Resellers.  Might have to head over to St. Louis Park and pick up a
> copy...
>
> Joel
>
> ---
> Member of the GNU/X/Apache/Perl/Samba/OpenSSH/Linux generation.

-----
"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes
  hurtling down the highway." -- Andrew S. Tanenbaum - Computer Networks