On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 08:07:49AM -0700, Peter Clark wrote:
>    First off, I don't want a flame war. I am perfectly happy with
> Blackbox myself, so this is really for my wife, a Windows refugee. I
> recognize that she would be much more comfortable with a desktop
> environment, and want to make things comfortable.

I was in the same situation. I have installed icewm and tweaked the things
a little bit. Now my wife is a happy surfer/mailer 8).

I got tired of long waits with gnome: startx ................ gterm ..........
you get the picture; icewm is simple but can be made to look nice nice: icons,
themes, (indeed blackbox is too barren for my wife) and a taskbar.

florin

--

"you have moved your mouse, please reboot to make this change take effect"

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4