Is there some reason you need to rlogin?  Can't you just rsh the application - something
like.

xhost krypton ; rsh krypton 'DISPLAY=blah:0.0 sunapp'

Note that you would need to set up .rhosts on the sunapp machine, but it is better than
transmitting your password in plaintext across the net.

Of course ssh is obviously better if available.