Hi

Xml is an html processing language. Fairly clumsy but useful all the same. It
allows you to create an html file from a template which contains normal html
commands with xml commands mixed in, processing those as it creates the file.
So, you can do conditional processing with something as ugly as:

<xsl:if test="notetype='warning'">
   <BODY bgcolor=red>
</xsl:if>
<xsl:if test="notetype!='warning'">
   <BODY bgcolor=white>
</xsl:if>
.
.
.
</BODY>

xsltproc is the command to process the above:

xsltproc <.xslfile> <.xmlfile> > <.htmlfile>

Yuk, but I think you'll get the idea.

I imagine it's a worksaver (at least all the propaganda says so). Not having
done much web stuff, I wouldn't know. Sorry if this is a little lacking in
detail, but I'm pretty new to it and am kickin' n screamin' all the way.

You guys seem to be up on just about everything, so I thought I'd give it a
try.

Thanks again

Ed Hoeffner