From: tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org]On Behalf Of Dan Drake
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2001 1:35 PM
To: TCLUG
Subject: [TCLUG] Progeny / Debian question

So, a friend of mine has finally seen the light and wants to put Linux on
his laptop instead of...that other OS.

I'm going to help him install it. Being a Debian guy, I'd like to install
that -- but my friend is not very used to Linux, so I thought that Progeny
might be better. However, I've never used Progeny, so it might be better if
I just install Debian and help my friend out whenever he needs it.

Any comments? How similar is Progeny to straight Debian? What do you guys
think would be best for my extremely-bright-but-not-very-geeky friend?

(btw, I am -- of course -- not trying to start a distro flamewar...)

Dan

--
  lemon   |                     Dan Drake
+ gecko   |          drake at lemongecko.org