I'm looking for the GUI equivalent to the "screen" command.

We have a compute/network intensive application in our NOC somewhat like HP Openview.  We don't like to start it up everytime a shift change happens due to the auto-discovery network load that gets generated.  So currently one person logs in and never logs out and everyone else uses that persons account on that box.

Is there a detachable/attachable X-windows server that works in the same fashion as "screen" does for ttys?

I would like to have each of the NOC staff members log into that station as themselves and then just be able to attach the GUI server to their local X-windows session.

-swf

--
"Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines."   - Satchel Paige