> From: Nate Carlson <natecars at real-time.com>
> On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Scott Raun wrote:
> > : Not everyone pays. We just need contracts from hobbyists and
> > : individuals. Pricing is at http://mail-abuse.org/feestructure.html
>
> They are saying "All we need from hobbyists and individuals is the
> contract part; we don't require them to pay!", where for commercial users
> they say "We need you to sign this contract, and give us money."

What little I know about contract law would indicate that is isn't
legally valid (anybody who knows better please correct me).  For a
valid contract there must be an offer, consideration, and acceptance.
"Consideration" is usually interpreted as "money."  If there is no
consideration, then there is no binding agreement.

Of course, good will is always welcome, and as long as everybody is
reasonable about things, there is no need to call in the lawyers.

dsc