On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 11:35:32PM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
> Here is the exact response from MAPS.
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Margie via RT <clientsupport at mail-abuse.org> -----
> > > So, with MAPS going to a pay-for-use model, what will be the problems
> > > with mail servers that are still using MAPS but did not pay for
> > > service?
> >
> > Not everyone pays. We just need contracts from hobbyists and
> > individuals. Pricing is at http://mail-abuse.org/feestructure.html

Having just gone and looked at the fee structure - huh? Hobbyists &
individuals show all query fees as "waived". I suppose they're
requiring a contract stating 'I am a hobbyist / individual requesting
this service', leaving open the possibility of non-waived fees in the
future.

But why do they not need contracts from the larger users - the ones
that are actually going to generate income?

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org