Okay, I know this isn't exactly the place for this but I gotta vent...

A couple of weeks ago, I thought I'd do something good and add some RAM
to my Athlon box (1GHz processor, Biostar MK7VB board, 256MB ram in it
already, 45 GB disk, 250W power supply), and upgrade the power supply to
support the cooling fans I bought.  So...  at $30 a simm for 256MB
Micron memory, I bought two and also a 300W ps.  The RAM I bought is
Micron PC133 256MB sticks, which matches what's in there already.

I put them in, so now I'm totalling 768MB ram and the friggin' box
pukes...  Win98se has no clue what to do with that much ram.  It goes
into BSOD's and other glorious things.  I reload, and reseat the simms.
 Win98se locks up still, no BSOD's.  Winme same thing.  About the
closest that I can get to good gaming performance is in Win2k on "some"
games.  3D games lock up, won't install, don't display properly, etc.
 Basically, it can't swallow the pill and be bigger and beefier.

Then, I find out that there's major incompatibility issues between the
video card and the Via chipset (Annihalator 2/geforce2 card and VIA
KT133 chipset).  Creative won't acknowledge this, and refuses to send me
the info I'm requesting, yet it's on their readme.txt that I have yet to
find on my system.  I've got the latest bios upgrade, 4 in 1 drivers for
VIA, video and sound drivers.  At best I can get some Win games that
don't lock up.  the RAM seems good, it' counts and linux even sees it
and recognizes all of it.

Good news is that Linux (Slack 8) just kept on ticking even with a
smaller than supposed to be swap file (128MB).  Didn't even hiccup.  I'd
go entirely Linux, but I gotta have my Evercrack....  Other than that,
I'm pure Linux.  Now to try my Linux games once I get it installed again.

Shawn