This probably won't help but on the off chance:

I print to a jetdirect HP4050 here is my printcap file, you have probably
seen this before, but...

HP4050:\
        :sh:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/HP4050:\
        :rm=192.168.0.22:\
        :rp=raw:

Also if you don't have a proper DNS for your internal network but still
have your boxes "named" you won't be able to print to the jetdirect
printer (at least in my case you couldn't).  If this is the cas you can
try to set the localhost name to its IP address and try to print.

The default gateway and the IP address are the same for our HP as well.

Brian