Greetings!

Mailing list dictator here <dramatic pause for effect>.

The tclug archives (well all the mailing list archives on list server) have
grown large enough -and- the tclug list (and all other other lists) are busy
enough that it's becoming difficult to get a clean backup of the archives.

Technical sideline: Mailman is kind of dorky, it stores all the archives in mbox
format. Yes, 1 huge-ass file. So, I'm in the middle of backing up this 1.0Gb
(yes, that is the size of some of the archives) a new message comes in and it
gets append to the mbox file. Oops! BRU freaks on the check because the file
changed from the time it started to write the file to tape until the time it
finished writing the file to tape.

So, I'm going to suspend processing mail message from 3am - 5am. The backup
kicks off at 3:02am and has been finishing around 4:45am. This should give us a
clean backup.

Mailing list dictator signing off <dramatic pause>

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500